Sunday, November 23, 2014

Scorched by Mari Mancusi

Trinity is struggling after her mother’s death.  Stuck with a grandfather who spends money on seemingly frivolous things, Trinity is facing the very real possibility that they are getting ready to lose everything.  All that changes, however when Trinity’s grandfather brings home the “last dragon egg”.  Her speculation turns to incredulity when the egg begins to talk to her….and soon she is caught up in a battle where she must choose which side to really believe.

Content Notes:                       
This book has some bad language.  If made into a movie, it would be rated PG-13.

 Teacher Notes:
I actually picked this up a year ago, read the first chapter & put it back down.  At the urging of one of my students, I decided to give it another shot and this time read through the first few chapters before I quit.  I really enjoyed this book!  Once I gave it a second shot I couldn’t put it down.  I would recommend this book to middle school students & up.

Book Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66s6lxoQ_Q

 

No comments:

Post a Comment