Monday, March 31, 2014

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

A dystopian book like none other, Brandon Sanderson takes the reader on an adventure through a world ruled by Epics, regular people who one day begin to exhibit extraordinary super powers.  Watching his father die at the hand of an invincible Epic, Steelheart, David burns with a desire for revenge.  As he meets up with a band of humans who are fighting the Epics, David has an opportunity to change the face of the human race…if he can stay alive long enough to do it.

Content Notes:
The book has many fight scenes & opens with people being vaporized in a bank. 

Teacher Notes:
This book was recommended to me by my son and when I first picked it up, I did not have high hopes that it would live up to how great he said it was.  I honestly LOVED this book!  I loved the action and suspense that the book brings, as well as the twist on a dystopian society.  This is a wonderful boy book that I highly recommend!

Book Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sC9NtpXLH4

Similar Books:
While not exactly like this, I think if you like this book you would also like the Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment